Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Wedding Affair

Hello dolls!!!! So I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in my Uncle's wedding saturday evening. I had a ball to say the least!! This wedding was absolutely gorgeous from the venue, to the wedding cake, everything turned out really nicely. The color scheme was platinum and eggplant; so I decided to do a purple makeup look with no blush and pinkish nude lips.

Here is the look we are going for:



  • THE EYES:



I started with my brows, using MAC Cross-Cultural eye shadow to fill in my brows. Then I took MAC Select Cover-up concealer in NC45 on an angled brush to shape my eyebrows by outlining them. After outlining them I took a concealer brush and blended around the edges of my brows. 

Upon completing my brows I began to work on my eyes. First I used Mary Kay Eye Primer all over my lids, being sure to blend all the way up to the brow bone. (This helps to provide a smooth surface so that the eye shadow goes on just as smooth) I then applied NYX Jumbo eye shadow pencil in Black Bean on the lower lid blending up as far as the crease. Next I took MAC's Odd Couple Mineralize eye shadow and placed it on the lower lid. After that I took MUFE (Make Up For Ever) eye shadow in n92 and placed that only on the outer corner of my lower lid. I took the Wet n Wild Vanity palette and used the darkest matte brown using my Sonia Kashuk blending brush and blended that into my crease. I took a goldish eyeshadow and popped that into the inner corner of my eye to highlight them. Finally I applied MAC #7 lashes to complete the eyes.



  • THE FACE:





For the face I used MAC NC45 Select Cover-Up concealer on my blemishes around my face. Next I used MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW35 and applied that to my under eye area to both camouflage the darkness as well as highlight my under eye area. Then I took CoverGirl Queen Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony bronze to contour under my cheek bones and temples. Finally I used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark all over my face to set my makeup. 

  • THE LIPS:



That's the complete look dolls!!! I really hope you enjoyed this look just as much as I did!! I received alot of compliments on it at the wedding so I felt good about the overall outcome.

Here is the complete look:







-XOXO Li Li 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and respectful. This space is for friendly conversation only. Comments for this blog are held for moderation before being published.