|(Image from Google Images)|
Soooo this is the face I made when she gave it to me lol. Below I listed some of the specs of this product as well as my personal review and whether I would recommend this product to others.
|(Image from EOS website)|
- EOS Lemon Drop Lip Balm with SPF 15
"Evolution of smooth. With SPF 15. Keeps lips feeling smooth, soft and refreshed. UVA/UVB protection. 100% natural flavor. Show your lips the light. Pamper your lips while you protect them from the sun with this SPF 15 lip balm that's naturally flavored and PABA-free. Packed with natural conditioning oils and antioxidant-rich vitamin E, EOS Lemon Drop keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth. Not tested on animals. Gluten-free. Made in USA." -Product description taken from RiteAid.com
- Consistency: Product is a dome shaped solid that applies smoothly after a couple uses.
- Packaging: The packaging for the Lemon Drop scent comes in a yellow ball shaped figure with grooves on one side to make it easy to twist off the top. The lipbalm has the company name imprinted into the top of the cap. Bottom of packaging comes complete with a sticker that says the name of the product, the scent, the active ingredients, and how much product comes with your purchase.
- Price: On sale at CVS for $2.79, $2.96 at Walmart, $2.99 at Target, $3.49 at Rite Aid
- Where to purchase: Online, drugstores, discount stores
- When I first used this lipbalm it was not very smooth; however, after a couple uses it applies to the lips smoothly and leaves a silky, moisturized feeling. It is not sticky at all. I find that as a result of the product feeling silky on the lips it does not last as long as I'd like it to. I'm constantly having to reapply more and more of the product as time goes on. I like the scent of the product, which is something that is really big for me. If I do not like the scent of a lip product then I can't use it. This lip balm actually has a pleasant scent to it and smells exactly like what the name suggests.
- The packaging is bigger than the average lip balm and takes up more space in my purse; however, I actually like the way that it looks. I like the dome shape of the product, as it has a large surface that covers 90% of my lips while I'm applying it.
- Initially I thought that this product was pricey for a lip balm. However, upon more research and experience with it I feel that this product is worth the price. The first thing that I did was find a close competitor and compare this product to its competitor's specs. One brand that I think as a close competitor to EOS is Burt's Bee's in that they both place an emphasis on the fact that they both produce natural/organic products, both company's products tend to be priced at a higher price point. In my opinion the EOS lip balms are better than the Burt's Bees lip balm in terms of overall quality, price, and packaging.
- I would definitely recommend this product to others and plan on purchasing more in the near future. Needless to say that big fat cheesy smile I had when my sister told me that she purchased this product for me is still there lol. Let me know in the comments below if you have ever used this product before and your opinion of it :)
-XOXO Li Li