Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review: MAC ProLongwear Foundation and Concealer

Hello Dolls!! This post is going to be a review for MAC's ProLongwear Foundation and Concealer.





Foundation Review

Specs:

  • Price: $30.00
  • SPF 10
  • " A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection." -MAC
  • 16 shades ranging from NC15 - NW50
  • Foundation packaging comes with a pump

Alright so I know that I'm late because I am just picking this foundation up and trying it out, but I have worn this foundation for some time now and I have to say that I LOVE it! I love the flawless finish that it gives my face, the lightweight feel on my face, as well as it's staying power. This foundation covers up all of my blemishes without making my face look cakey. Once this foundation dries, it gives a semi-matte look which is perfect for me because I have combination oily skin. My skin tends to get really oily after an hour of wearing foundation and shifts on my face, which is extremely annoying because you leave the house looking flawless and an hour later you looked flawed lol. This foundation lives up to its name as it really does stay for hours at a time and doesn't shift all over your face. Here is a picture of my face 11hrs after applying this foundation:

I was color matched as an NC45 for the Prolongwear foundation at the MAC counter which I did not expect. I was surprised that I was color matched as NC45 because of the reviews that I saw on Youtube, all of the beauty gurus mentioned that this foundation ran on the light side and recommended buying this foundation in a shade darker than your normal shade.

The price was not bad because I actually feel like this product is worth more than what it costs. I really like that this foundation comes with a pump because it helps to control how much product is dispensed and is also sanitary. Overall I give this product an A for its quality, packaging, and price.




Concealer Review
Specs:

  • Price: $17.00
  • " A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump." -MAC
  • 15 shades ranging from NC15 - NW50
  • Concealer packaging comes with a pump


This concealer is amazing!!! This is my holygrail concealer for my under eye area. As previously mentioned, I have combination oily skin. In the past when I used to use my Select Cover-Up on my under eye area, the concealer would move around and by the end of the day it would be non existent. With this concealer I did not experience my makeup shifting or disappearing. This concealer offers the same benefits as the foundation; however, it provides more coverage.

The color that I use in my Prolongwear concealer is NW35 because I like to highlight my under eye area, so I go for a concealer that is a few shades lighter than my skin tone. The price for this concealer is a little expensive for only 9ml / .30 US fl oz. but I am willing to foot the bill for this product because it is so amazing. This product comes in a glass container with a pump just like the foundation but on a much smaller scale. Which brings me to my only issue with this product, the pump. I like the fact that it comes with a pump; however, the purpose of a pump is to have control over how much product comes out and this pump does not offer a lot of control over how much product is dispensed. As such, you tend to pump out more concealer than you actually need and you wind up wasting product which is no bueno!

Overall I give this concealer an A+ for its quality alone.

I gave the concealer a higher grade than the foundation soley because it offers more coverage and still does not look cakey. Even though the foundation offers buildable coverage, you actually use more trying to mimmick the coverage that the concealer offers.

I hope that you enjoyed  my review! BTW I also have a post on the makeup look that I wore in the pictures above so definitely check that out if your interested :)

Until next post, 
-xoxo Li Li 

10 Comments:

  1. Do you do makeup tutorials or have an instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I actually just started filming makeup tutorials, so I have to edit them and put them on my youtube channel. I do have an instagram, it's: li_li_bee

      -xoxo Li Li ;)

      Delete
  2. Do you have an youtube account

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! yes I do have a youtube account; however, I have not uploaded anything yet. I am working on editing some of my vids now. If there is anything that you would like me to do a video on, let me know ^.^

      -xoxo Li Li

      Delete
    2. Yess , Hair and makeup tutorials. And your gorgeous eyebrows , lol ;))

      Delete
    3. You got it, and thank you!!! I actually just uploaded a video today FINALLY! lol.

      Here is the link to my channel: www.youtube.com/user/lilibeesoasis

      -xoxo Li Li

      Delete
  3. And your favorite drugstore nude lip gloss and lipsticks;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol thanks i just subcribe you
    CheyanneLovexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this, was looking for a review on this particular MAC . i also have an oily skin , and i'm an NC45 for the studio fix foundation . So i think this one will do justice to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob!! Thank you soo much for reading! I occassionally have oily skin in certain areas of my face, mainly my t-zone which is pretty normal. But I find that both the concealer and the foundation work really well with my skin. You should definitely try it out ^.^

      -xoxo Li Li

      Delete

Please keep comments appropriate and respectful. This space is for friendly conversation only. Comments for this blog are held for moderation before being published.