Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hayden Williams Cocktail Couture inspired makeup look

Hello Dolls!!! Recently I saw a picture of a dope illustration by Hayden Williams entitled "Cocktail Couture pt4." In this picture there were 4 illustrations of different women with some of the most amazing cocktail pieces I have ever seen in my life! Hayden has an uncanny way of depicting high fashion and glamour not only in the garments, but also in the makeup. His illustrations give me strong contours, highlights, bold winged liner, full lips......basically they give me LIFE!!!! Because of this, I was inspired to mimic the makeup of one of the women he drew. Below is the picture that I pulled the look from.


The look that I recreated is of the woman to the far right. I loved the yellow and purple combination and felt that her makeup is perfect for a dramatic summer look. Below is a picture of my recreation.




Eyes


  • MaryKay Eyeshadow Primer
  • NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow "Milk" (used on mobile lid as base)
  • NYX "Yellow Funk" (applied this to the center of the lid)
  • Jesse's Girl Eye Dust "Sparkle Gold" (applied this over yellow eye shadow)
  • Make Up For Ever "no92" (Applied to the inner/outer corner and swept along lower lash line. I added more of this to my inner and outer corner than the illustration has because it was not coming across vibrant as I'd wanted it to)
  • MAC Fluidline "Blacktrack" (used to create winged liner)
  • e.l.f. matte brown from the 100 piece palette (crease color)
  • Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara

Lips

  • MaryKay Signature Lipliner "Dark Chocolate"
  • MAC Lip Erase (discontinued)
  • Revlon lipgloss "Peach Petal"

Face 


  • BH Cosmetics concealer palette (used to highlight and contour face)
  • MAC Prolongwear Concealer "NW35" (used as under eye concealer)
  • Covergirl Queen Collection bronzer "Ebony Bronze" (contour powder)
  • MAC MSF Natural "Dark" (all over face powder) 


Voilà!!! The look is complete ^.^ The most humbling thing happened yesterday because of my recreation. I posted my picture on Facebook and a family member tweeted my makeup recreation to Hayden Williams and he liked it!!! Needless to say I was more than flattered!!!




Until next post dolls......XOXO LI LI



For business inquiries email me: lilibeeoasis@hotmail.com
Follow me on Instagram:  Li_Li_Bee
Follow me on Twitter: @Li_Li_Bee




4 Comments:

  1. OMgosh I love these drawings!! They are just stunning! I wish I could draw like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto!!! These are just a few of his illustrations...his work is absolutely brilliant!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ikr!!! I think I'm going to do more makeup looks inspired by his illustrations :)

      Delete

Please keep comments appropriate and respectful. This space is for friendly conversation only. Comments for this blog are held for moderation before being published.