Friday, November 9, 2012

Highlighting and Contouring MY WAY

Hello dolls!!!! First things first, my laptop has been acting a donkey and I haven't been able to do ANYTHING! GGRRR!!! It's all good, I'll be getting her fixed soon ^.^ On to the post!

If you have been following me on twitter, facebook, or Instagram you would have seen the picture below of the different stages I take to highlight/contour my face. In this post I will be explaining the process in more detail, as well as the products that I use.

DISCLAIMER: I use the word BLEND like a million times in this post lol.....for good reason though because it is the key to highlighting/contouring.




 
 
* Black Opal Stick Foundation (Kalahari Sand, Truly Topaz, Black Walnut)
 
* MAC MSF Natural (Deep)
 
* CoverGirl Ebony Bronze bronzer
 
* Angled face brush
 
* Cosmetic Sponge
 
* All over Face brush
 
 

  1. Take Kalahari Sand (highlight color) and apply it to the center of your forehead, under your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, and on your chin as shown in the picture above.
  2. Take a cosmetic sponge and start blending into your skin, making sure that you have fully blended the edges so there's no harsh line.
  3. Take Black Walnut (contour color) and apply to the forehead, under cheek bones, along the sides of your nose. You can also apply it to the jaw line, but I don't really do that
  4. Take the cosmetic sponge and blend into the skin close to the highlight that you just blended. Make sure you really take your time when blending so there's a seamless transition between the highlight and contour.
  5. In the areas that I did not highlight/contour, I applied Truly Topaz (this is the shade that matches my skin perfectly, you can choose a foundation that matches your skin for this step) and again I blended everything being careful not to overlap the colors.
  6. Take CoverGirl Ebony Bronze bronzer on an angled face brush and apply that over the places where you placed the contour foundation. Take Ben Nye Banana Powder and apply that to the places you highlighted.
  7. To blend everything out I use my MAC MSF Natural "Deep" and apply that all over . Once you have finished blending everything you should have the most chiseled face of them all lol.


The pic to the far left shows the finished result. I love to highlight/contour my face because I find that when you apply one foundation color all over your face, it can make your face look flat. #phuckyopancakeface

In all actuality you have many dimensions to your face that you don't want to cover. So highlighting and contouring allows you to have the dimensions that you lost when you apply a one color foundation all over your face.

FYI I don't really use the Black Opal Stick Foundation in Kalahari Sand to highlight my under eye area. I normally use MAC ProLongwear Concealer in NW35 to highlight under my eyes, but for the purpose of this post I used this stick foundation because it shows up well in pics. Let me know if you have tried to my technique for your self and how it worked out for you! Also dont forget to comment below to let me know what you think!


Until next post dolls!!! I love you for sticking with me  #TeamLiLi
  







 
 
 

 


1 Comments:

  1. How come your not on YouTube. I know there is a bunch of makeup girls on there but I admire your work and would love to learn a thing or two, :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate and respectful. This space is for friendly conversation only. Comments for this blog are held for moderation before being published.