Monday, November 21, 2011

Makeup Demonstration at John's Hopkins

Hello Dolls! Last Monday I was asked by a good friend of mine to do a makeup demonstration for an event that her Sorority sisters of Sigma Gamma Rho were hosting at John's Hopkins University. I accepted with some hesitation, as I had never done a makeup demonstration before. So you can imagine how NERVOUS I was lol. Nonetheless I believe that I did a good job at answering the attendee's questions, while simultaneously doing the makeup demonstration. The questions consisted of the type of makeup products/brushes I use, my foundation routine, my skin care regimen, tips on eyebrows, and a quick & easy face.

I did two looks on the model, one of my good girlfriends, one was a black smokey eye and the other was a look that I created using their sorority colors...blue and yellow. Below is a picture of both looks:



The first look I'm going to discuss is my version of a Black Smokey Eye shown below:


Brows:
To fill in her eyebrows, I took an angled brush and used MAC's Cross-Cultural eyeshadow. I used MAC Select Cover-Up concealer in NC45 to sculpt her brows. I finished by blending in the concealer so there were no harsh lines.

Eyes:
First I applied Mary Kay Eye Primer all over. Then I applied NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Bean on the lid , blending slightly above her crease. I took NYX Black eyeshadow and applied only to the lid. On top of that I used a blending brush, took MAC's Cross-Cultural eyeshadow and blended that into her crease for good gradation of color. 

This look did not take long and did not require a lot of products. I find that the key  for creating a good smokey eye is placement and blending. Keep the darkest color on the lid and gradually fade up toward your crease, and you can finish the look off by placing a highlight under the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eye.
__________________________________________________________________________________

As previously mentioned, the second look was inspired by the sorority's colors blue and yellow. This is the look that I came up with:


Eyes:

First I applied Mary Kay Eye Primer all over her lid. Then I applied NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black 
Bean only to her lid and blended up to her crease. Next I took blue from the L'oreal H.I.P eyeshadow duo in Roaring (a matte navy blue) and applied it to her lid. Then I took SallyGirl Baked Eyeshadow in Dark Aqua (which is a shimmery blue)and applied it only in the center of her lid to create a 3D effect. I took the brown from the other side of the L'oreal eyeshadow duo and used a blending brush to blend that into her crease. Finally I used a pencil brush and took NYX Yellow Funk eyeshadow and applied it to her inner corner...and the look is complete!!!


Hope you enjoyed and if you decide to try the look out for yourself, let me know in the comments how it worked out for you!!

-XOXO Li Li



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and respectful. This space is for friendly conversation only. Comments for this blog are held for moderation before being published.